University report

University reports can be made by contacting the Office of Institutional Equity

Office of Institutional Equity
408 West Circle Drive
Olds Hall, Room 5
East Lansing, MI 48824
(517) 353-3922

File a complaint

For assistance filing a university report, contact the Office of Institutional Equity at (517) 353-3922. Individuals may bring a support person, such as a counselor, advocate, friend, or parent, to assist with the process of filing a complaint.

The following campus resources are available at no cost and provide confidential support throughout the complaint and investigation process:

Michigan State does not limit the time frame for reporting. Even if the respondent is not a member of the MSU community at the time of the report, the university will still seek to provide reasonably available support. Please note, MSU’s ability to investigate and/or take action may be limited in such cases.

Mandatory Reporting

Learn more about mandatory reporting here.

Protocol for Coordinated Response

This protocol defines the comprehensive roles and responsibilities of various university offices in addressing reports of employee violations regarding Relationship Violence and Sexual Misconduct and Title IX Policythe Anti-Discrimination Policy (ADP), and the Mandatory Reporting for Relationship Violence, Sexual Misconduct and Stalking Policy (RVSM Mandatory Reporting Policy). It aims to enhance communication, accountability, and transparency across the campus community, ensuring a coordinated and effective response to such reports. 

Access the full protocol here.